Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mulled Apple Cider

Ingredients:
1 apple
2 tsp whole cloves
1 orange, thinly sliced
2 quarts apple cider (I used apple juice)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp allspice
Pinch grated nutmeg (I used nutmeg spice)
1 cup dark rum (if you drink alcohol...leave out if you don't)
cinnamon sticks, garnish (I just threw it the pot)

Directions:
Stud the apple with the cloves.  (Don't use too many or it's bitter.  I used 12 and I'd use less next time.  I also cut my apple up into pieces.)  In a medium pot, combine the studded apple and remaining ingredients except the rum.  Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Remove from the heat (and add the rum...if you desire.)  Discard the apple.  Ladle into mugs and garnish each with a cinnamon stick.  Serve immediately.

From Emeril Lagasse and the Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment